Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lots of down time, lots of knitting

These are the "triplett" socks I made for my friend Cindy who is expecting the arrival of her newborn triplett boys from Eithiopia in early November. I wanted her to have something "real" until they got here. Made from leftovers of
Treking, Regia and Regia. All 32 stitchs on size 2 needles. 8 rows ribbing, 12 rows leg, heel flap, gussett decreases, 5 rows foot, toe decreases, graft.

Well, my knee is better every day, but I've overdone it the last 4 days...however, my house is now looking much more like I want it too! Daughters old room is now a guest room, spotlessly clean and fresh! Even found a bargain on new sheets for the oddly sized super single water bed, Target had extra long twin sheet sets on sale for $6.48, so I bought two sets, put the fitted ones into the garage sale box and have 2 sheets that fit and two pillow cases! Yay!

1 comment:

Kim in KCK said...

THe socks are SOOOOO cute! I keep forgetting about making tiny sox and how quick and easy that can be.

I'm back in scarf mode now since one of my churches is having a bazaar in November. I'm trying to keep material costs low, but still contemplating what I could charge for them - just simple ladder scarves. Thoughts?