Saturday, May 31, 2008

Berets




The beret on the left is the 2nd one I knit. I made it with yarn left from the 1st beret. The 3rd photo shows the detail from Beret # 1. I changed the charts up a little to use the different colors of yarn. So far, everyone likes the colors of #1 better. The hats are from Anna Zillborgs "45 Fine and Fanciful hats to knit". I didn't have much problem with these, but the 3rd beret from a different chart has given me nightmares! The chart is not written out correctly and I've had to go back to the chart for #1 and #2 to try to figure out how it should have been written. I knit and ripped out the same 6 rows twice yesterday (no small thing at 144 stitches per round!). Googled eratta and found many complaints and a link for the publisher for eratta, (and some complaints about the eratta paper some have recieved!) but think I've got it licked now. I just was too tired and frustrated last night to continue on. This beret is a Bastille day gift for my mom and I want to get it done! grrrr

No comments: