Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tiger Socks


Well, I wanted to post a photo of the socks I made from my skein of Opal Tiger. Socks for me, socks for FN Lauren and a tiny pair for her American Girl Doll Kit...but Blogger is bogging down on the photo upload for some reason. One more try....

All right! photo uploaded.

Doll socks: sent socks away, didn't write down pattern but...

American Girl Socks

Opal yarn, a marble of tiger, split into 2 balls, Ivory

1.5 needles, 30 stitches, 1x1 rib 10 rows in ivory, Changed to Tiger Knit 10 rows, put in waste yarn (2 rows) for afterthought heel on 15 stitches, Knit until I ran out of Tiger, 6 rows, changed to ivory,

decrease row, plain row 3x, 9 stitches left, grafted.

cut out waste yarn, picked up stitches, knit 1 row plain, decreased as for a toe 3x I think, grafted. I'm not fond of afterthought heels but wanted all of the tiger as the sock, not on a heel flap so did it this way.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just love all those Tiger socks. The tiny ones for the doll are a scream! Adorable. :-)