Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Off to a not so good start


Well, 2006 is off to not such a good start....had to buy a new stove on Monday! Realized Sunday night when a 1lb pork roast that should have taken 25 minutes to cook, still wasn't quite "done" after a hour (!) that my 30 yr old stove's oven had "hit the wall"...poor thing was huffing and puffing trying to get the job done. Got a smooth top Kenmore at Sears for a reasonable price of $550.00. Some of the stoves went up past $1000! I could have gotten a regular burner top one for around $300, but I decided that if this stove was going to last the 30 yrs the old one did it would be my last stove and I might as well get the smooth top that I wanted!

Classes went well with about half of my dancers showing up, seems "holiday" is firmly engrained in my students minds as a day with out dance, but... those that were there had fun and we started a couple of new dances for recital.

However, just as I got home from work and hat put the water in the microwave for my hot toddy (tea, rum, sugar)... phone rang .. bad news from DD that I don't think I want to put into print today...sigh...she keeps making bad choices as a young adult that are going to affect the rest of her life and as a parent, there is little I can do.

Didn't knit a stitch last night.

2 comments:

Kim in KCK said...

So that toddy went a little heavier on the rum, huh?

I'm so sorry that you continue to be distressed over what is going on with you daughter. I had hoped after the nice Christmas that things had taken a turn for the better. Hang in there - you and your family are in my prayers.

Kim

Heather said...

Is your daughter somewhere around 14? I taught high school for 10 years, and that was always the time the girl's brains seemed to exit their bodies.
I know it's hard, but keep telling yourself, "the foundation was laid and it was a good one...eventually her brain will kick in again..." And it will...when she's 24.
: (
Don't stop being her Mom though. I know it's a struggle, but it's the Mom's who give up who's kid's suffer the most. Keep telling her what you wish for her, that you love her, and that if you DIDN'T love her you wouldn't be on her case the way you are.
Oh she'll rage and all, but she'll hear you. And it WILL matter. But she won't show it.
Don't give up!!!
Constant Vigilance!
My prayers are with you...and your lovely family,
Heather