Saturday, June 21, 2008

dyeing to knit

As usual, I'm wayyyy behind on trendiness! I've just made my 1st attempt at dyeing yarn with kool-aid and it was fun! I'm waiting for it to cool down (or is that kool down?) so I can hang it outside to drip dry. I used berry blue and black cherry kool aide and knitpicks "bare" fingering yarn. I can see how addictive it could be to dye your own yarn....knitpicks sock blanks might be fun too, and maybe easier to get an even color satuation, as I think the back side of my skein will be a little lighter than front, but should work out when it knits up (I think!) but this was fun.

I'll resist the urge to log on and buy more skeins of yarn until I've knit this up! Must have a little control of the stash. Just found a new baby sweater pattern on knitty that might help me use up some of the red heart that just doesn't go away. ...and I'm going to say right here and now that I'm really tired of the festival yarn, I just want to knit with yarn that's not in pieces!

No comments: