Monday, June 16, 2008

Festival!

Mmmm, I had a good time at Salina's River Festival. I ate (not all at once) an apple dumpling, chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick, an Indian Taco, Bratwurst with sauerkraut, Island Noodles with vegetables, Gelato, Kettle Corn, Chicken strips, Grilled chicken sandwich, a few bites of a blooming onion and drank more water than I would have thought possible for myself!

Bought a new art piece for the studio, a glass paperweight for my mom, and a Randall Spangler print for my hubby. Listened to good music and saw fire dancers. How cool was that?

I finished knitting the body of the firetruck sweater, and did a hat with festival yarn and a scarf with festival yarn. (the firetruck sweater slowed me down). I decided to make the truck sweater a pullover instead of my usual cardi and that may have been a mistake, it's not stretchy! But, I think I'm going to leave it as is, and put a zipper in the side seam (two new things in one project!) and go ahead and finish it. Experimental knitting at it's finest!

No comments: