Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dance Dance Dance

Whoo hoo! Just finished my last nutcracker rehearsal! Show is next Friday. Mary T told me that it's okay to have dancers go to Martinelli's for the dinner, nearly everyone has paid their dinner fee, dancers look pretty good, so I think it's all going to be okay. whew

Yesterday I saw the very amazing Alvin Ailley II peformance. I was in row C and rows A + B were completely empty leaving me with THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE!!! They were so wonderful. I didn't care for one of the pieces very much, but even that one was wonderful. It was simply transporting.

Came home and worked on Karim's stocking a little but was tired and eyes were jumping around on the chart, so stopped rather than make huge mistake. It's made of the Peruvian Highland yarn that everyone is talking about the pilling problems with, but hopefully won't be a prob with a Christmast stocking!

This am I ripped out the hat I'm makeing for me...that dimple/pimple at the top was making me crazy and would have every time I wore it. I will reknit it with out the annoying pook. Restarted the modular scarf last night for a mindless knit, and 3rd triangle is behaving itself this time. Yarn is just Red Heart, but it's pretty.

Tonight's dinner is sirloin steak (a splurge!), baked potatoes, LeSuere Peas (silver lable), oh yumm yumm yumm ... just wish I had some good red wine. I always forget to buy it on Sat and Sunday of course, the liquor stores are closed. Desperate Housewives/ Grey's Anatomy on tv....life is good tonight. Good food, good shows, cats to cuddle and interesting projects to knit. It would be better if DD would call or come around more but she's got to find her wings. My mom was a little cranky about the situation this morning, I just need her to stay out of it. Lisette is living with Tony, trying to stand on her own two feet and succeeding most of the time so leave me alone. Do I wish she had finished Beauty School? yes Do I wish she had lived on her own before moving in with a boyfriend? Yes but... it's her life not mine and I need to let her learn things on her own. Off to start the grill.

No comments: