Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Trying to feel Christmasy

I'm trying to feel Christmasy. Bought a tree at K-mart, Hubby set it up while I was gone, lights were defective, took it back for exchange (after all the whole point of a pre-light tree is to not have to mess around with lights!) . It's still in back of my van. I brought up the tub of my Christmas clothing, and I 'm wearing a Christmas print sweatshirt ... it's kind of seen better days, but it's comfy, and I traded my daily dishes for my Christmas set. Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle the mantle mess and put up my village houses. I always enjoy looking at those. Normally, I don't put up the tree until I close the dance studio, but I'm teaching until Dec 22 this year and with Lisette not living at home anymore,...there is no "normally"....have to find new ways to do stuff. sigh... not sure I like this.

Started a hat for niece Lauren just because. Pink Plymouth encore. I'm planning on working in the words dance, ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop with black. I've graphed it, and think it will work. Most patterns for encore called for size 8 needles, but that just seemed flimsy to me (yes, I actually swatched!) so I'm using 6's.

No comments: