Sunday, November 05, 2006

knee surgery, and knitting


Well, the surgery is over, I'm recovering, it's been harder than I thought it would be, more painful too, and I'm not usually a weenie about pain. Tomorrow am the dressing comes off and I suppose some physical therapy starts. I've knit a little the first two days, I'd knit a round and nap but yesterday I did quite a bit. I ordered a ball of fortissma 1776 from wildflower knits when I ordered my needles. I'm dissapointed with how the blue band turned out. I'm using 2's, and I even made a swatch "gasp!" with the yarn I had pulled off to start the sock using 1's and it still made a mess. Using 60 stitches and not sure what you need to make it "nice" oh well, I wanted mindlesss knitting, and they will be usefull. I'm doing an afterthought heel so as not to mess up the striping. Not my favorite heel, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'd post a photo but DD took my camera again. Guess I need to give her one for Christmas.

No comments: