Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thur Nov 9



Each day the knee is better and better. Yesterday I pushed and walked without the crutches. Kind of quasimodo like since knee won't fully straighten...I think I pulled an upper thigh muscle doing that so today I am being less stupid and using 1 crutch for support and taking it slower. The bending thing is not happening yet and frustrates me as dr wants it to be able to bend so that I can sit on chair with both feet flat and legs at right angles like "normal" by Monday am! ack! I just need to be paitient and not push myself so that I end up taking a step backwards to pay for two forward!

Swap partner Becky got my box so I can post photo now. She liked it and I'm glad. I don't think she reads my blog but wanted to be careful just in case.

Finished #1 of 2nd pair of gift gloves. I know my nieces don't read this so I'm gonna post. The photo looks like it's orangy but it's bright hot pink and lime.
yarn: Carnon Simply Soft. Needles: size 6.
Cast on 32 stitches. Knit any pattern until long as you like.
Begin a thumb gusset by placing marker, increasing 1 in each of 2 stitches, place marker.
Next round knit plain.
Next round increase 1 after 1st marker and before 2nd.
Knit next round plain.
Continue until have 14 stitches between markers.
Next round bind off 14 thumb stitches and finsh knitting round.
When you come to the bind of stitchs cast on two (I use the thumb method) and finish round.
Knit 5 rounds and bind off in pattern.
Easy as pie.

1st pair I did a mock cable twist (knit in back of 2nd stitch,knit in front of 1st stitch, drop both off needle). 2nd pair 2x2 rib with lime green stripes.

3rd pair I think I'm going to use Jean Townsends snowflake pattern with the lime yarn.

No comments: