Friday, September 23, 2005

Nutcracker!

Wow I have been so busy with the Nutcracker auditions that I haven't had time to do much of anything! My 3 readers must be going into withdrawal! (ha!) Having re-knit the toe of the tiger socks several times, I finally have the 2nd sock finished, picked back the toe of the 1st sock and am nearly done with it. I'm really surprised at how different the Opal knit up in this regard than the other yarns (Regia mostly) that I've been using. Still not entirely happy with it but, should be okay. I need to reknit toes in a couple of pair, and was just going to get a skein of Ivory Opal but reconsidering now.. hmmm

YARN OR STRING
Yarn or string, making things
Loopty-loop, through the hoop
Over under around and off
Cats and yarn both are soft
Petting cats you make them purr
Petting yarn feel the fur
Acrylic yarns from a beak(er)
Wool yarns from a sheep(er)
Doesn’t matter which you choose
Only matters that you use
Skills and talents nature gave
To knit, to use, to give, to save

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Neat Poem :) I think you should post it in T-socks - the others would appreciate it too, I'm sure. But maybe you already did. I always blog before I group, creature of habit I am.

It's good to know you're knitting and happily busy.