Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Checks and Charms finished




Checks and Charms set is finally finished....some really bad thumb holes that I had to "take care of" by weaving and snugging. I told hubby that these were absolutely never to go in the washer and dryer, that they would shrink down to doll clothing! Started a child sized hat with the left overs, didn't bother to look at the pattern and already made a "creative choice" regarding color work...ha! we don't need no stinkin' charts!

Interviewing another teacher candidate for the studio today, yesterdays girl was so sweet, but her skills were not as advanced as I needed them to be.

I'm excited to start working on new dances, it's like working endlessly on a sweater, finally finishing it, and picking up new yarn for a new project, you like the old, you are glad you did it, but new...what fun!

Made tortelli for dinner to serve with the left over pork roast and my fingers are so swollen today that I can hardly bend them to type...wow! should have looked at the sodium content closer! oh well, lots of water will help flush the salt out.

1 comment:

Kim in KCK said...

The hat a mittens are great. I may have to go get that pattern next time I order from Knitpicks. I used to order from them all the time, but since my students opened the store, I've been trying to support them with my yarn purchases. Besides, I get a 20% discount.

Kim