Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday, June 24




I can't believe it's the end of June already! Amazing!
I "survived" Talent on Parade Nationals...dancers danced well, brought home 2 Top 2nds and 3 1sts, so all is okay. I knitted 3 hats and started a Woolease boot sock for a friend during the 5 days in Des Moines, Iowa. Friend Terri is an awesome navigator...we found several shopping centers and used bookstores (her passion)...I didn't even look for yarn stores, as I'm still on self-imposed embargo until my birthday July 30th. We ate some very nice dinners, a delicious soup and salad bar at "Crystal Tree", split a nice reuban so we could each have PIE at Perkins, split a chicken/avacado salad sandwhich so we could each have CHEESECAKE at Cheesecake factory, and several very late night breakfasts at Perkins when comp didn't get out until 11pm and there was nothing else around. On the way home we stopped at the Mad Greeks in Lawrence (no, I didn't even go down the block to Yarn Barn), where I had spinach pie and tiramisu...yum....trying to be very sensible about what I eat this week!

Limping around with a strained medial ligament on my left knee..boy oh boy does that hurt! I am planning to do some cleaning and a little non kneeling yard work this am, then sit and ice it while knitting on the 2nd sock. After working with all wool, the woolease doesn't feel quite so nice.

I bought some colored pencils and am going to print out knitting graph paper and color out the pattern for the pink hat...I'm quite proud of that one...my own "design" .

No comments: