Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hot hot hot

Festival was soo hot yesterday! I drank tons of water, 1 diet doctor pepper, 32 oz of powerade.
For brunch I ate an apple dumpling (yum) whjich was an apple baked in a piecrust wrapping with cinnomon etc in side, kind of a one person apple pie!, for lunch a "European Stuffed Seafood Sandwich"...what I would call a calzone with shrimp, onions, peppers etc ... it was very good, a roasted ear of corn with lime pepper for snack, for dinner I had a chicken and artichoke gyro which was also good and for late night I had a chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick! ooo so good! ( know you are wondering how I have had time to knit or look for lost youn'uns. ) I have spilled something on myself each day so far. Our shirts are "safety green" which is kind of a floresecent glo yellow...Friday it was the salsa my Indian Taco was swimming in, and a mystery black spot, yesterday some of the cranberry drink Carol had....those little packets of flavoring that go in your water...well, Carol found "sparks" a caffenatied cranberry flavor..good but too strong for both of our tastes, we kept drinking a little and adding more water, and a mystery spot that may have been chocolate! Shout took out all but yesterdays mystery spot..fortunately it's little and on the pocket. We have 2 shirts each, but hubby has been dropping both in washer and dryer when we come home each evening, and I've decided since this one already has a stain that didn't come out, I'd just keep wearing it as I'm sure I'll spill something else today!

Finished a childs sized checks and charms hat, and STILL have wool left over so will make another but change up the colors, I think I'll start with the pink this time. I am ready for the 8 rows of leg then heel of the STR club socks...it's an interesting technique, one that I'm not sure I'll repeat again,but I have learned how to do the linen stitch, which I'm thinking would make a great strap! or dense fabric for a little phone or ipod case. have a phone...no ipod.

No comments: