Thursday, July 28, 2005

Finishing up


Well, I'm finishing up the Hot Tamale skirt, just doing the highliting.

Just finished my learn new things project by doing 2 socks on 2 circular needles, working toe up, with an afterthought heel. (That's four new things !). I hated it....felt like I was knitting wearing handcuffs, stitches kept falling off needles and it was damn near impossible to repair, the ladders are bad, unsightly holes! grrr. .. oh well, guess a baby won't notice them, lets hope his mother is so delighted with her child that she doesn't look closely at his or her feet!

Finishing up bulky green vest.

Worked on Peggy's handwarmers at Santa Fe Day meeting. Got the thumb figured out and am nearly out of yarn so that hand will nearly be done!

So....today yarn arrived from the yarn fairies! (Well, truthfully I ordered it from Knit picks but yarn fairies sounds better!) Pinks and purples for Arlenes cold feet and some that I thought were more "christmasy" than they turned out to be, but it will still be fun to knit. Also the 1st knitting book I ever bought...yes, it's true, cheapskate V bought a knitting book... Debbie Bliss Baby knits...had the prettiest sweater in it that I thought I just "had" to knit..... next years big fair project, I guess.

And I still want to do the Sun and moon stranded socks ,and my two skeins of Opal rainforest arrived in zebra and tiger...and I should really do some CIC socks with that donated yarn and.... well, we only finish to begin again, don't we?

REALLY NICE SUPRISE TONIGHT! A call from Steven who was my "guy" in senior year out of the blue. He happened on the 1970 Westside High reunion in Omaha (that I was not at) and since I wasn't there...he called. We had a delightful conversation. He's a gondola owner now, of all things! www.heartlandgondolas.com

No comments: