Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Holiday's over, back to work

Well, the long weekend is over and it's back to work! Actually, I spent part of the holiday weekend working, printing off pages for the fall registration packets, filling in names and classes etc. Need to run a few errands this am then off to work!

My "daughter" Isa, who lives in Switzerland emailed me that she got married June 17th! I'm quite excited over this. She is expecting a baby soon, making me a long distance grandma! I've sent over a package with a baby blanket, some bibs and a little pj, but not knowing yet if it's a boy or a girl I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm sure my needles will be busy soon.

Nearly done with the flame work on the Hot Tamale skirt and it looks like there's not a lot left after that so it will go quickly! I just couldn't work on it yesterday in the afternoon, felt too guilty I guess knowing that I had work to do.

Worked on a dishcloth at the fireworks last night, just a plain basketweave in some yellow/white sugar and cream that I had laying about...dishclothes are good for mindless knitting and make nice gifts too. Green shell/vest is coming along, the color is pretty, hope the top will be too, it's so much bulkier than the delicious glamour yarn I used before!

No comments: