Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday 2/26/02


Another Sunday rolls around, another week done and gone...how fast they go!

I can't figure out how to put a photo on my profile because it wants the photo's url but here is a photo of me if you want to see what I look like. (all 3 of you that read my blog! ha!)
This week I finished my purple socks, finished the back of Karim's sweater and cast on for the front...I'm realizeing that because of the self-striping yarn I'm going to have to do quite a bit of rolling off of unwanted colors to get to the right place in the colorway. Had to for the neck/ shoulders of the back, for the cast on of front, and will have to for the neck/ shoulders of front, and of course for the sleeves. Used less than 1 skein for back, but beginning to wonder if I'll have enough yarn, as I bought the 3 skeins pattern required, oh well, just have to wait and see!

Got some bargain yarn in pinks marked down to $1.00 a skein at WM, not sure what to do with it, but hats or scarfs are always a possiblity. At $1.00 don't feel bad about donating or gifting at all!

Treated myself to the STR club .. a whole year! Also went shopping at Dillards 50% of marked down prices yesterday. Got a beautiful purple "formal" long sheath dress with matching jacket $118.00 for only $11.75, (yeah that's right $11.75!), a cream 3 piece beaded jacket, shell, pants for $13.00 (pants fit a little funny, too high waisted, but could always get a different skirt to wear at that price!) .... I should save that for a real "mother of the bride" moment, but not sure if L and Tony are even thinking in that direction. Valentines day he gave her a gold heart necklace that might have a tiny pinprick diamond in it.
Also got a chiffon bias cut skirt in black for $24.00 (my big purchase) that will go with the black beaded chiffon top I got on sale last spring. And a black sweater for about $17 that I can wear on lots of occaisons, like teaching at school or todays bridal shower.

I'll probably wear the purple for recital, as I always dress up, I think it adds class to the occaison for the dancers.

No comments: