Wednesday, March 08, 2006

FO's!

I was cleaning out my sock drawer and was motivated to take a photo of the 18 pairs of socks I have knit for myself. The white toes are ones that I have reknit the toes rather than let go of the socks. Actually, I just remembered a 19th pair in the to be repaired drawer!


Chunky cable purse actually finished! Several false starts and pattern errors later, I have a purse!

Two of the scarfs from the $1.00 skeins. The bright pink was 1 skein, the other 2 skeins. I don't really wear scarves so may donate these to the Dancers 4 Cancer auction April 23rd.

This morning I noticed that I have dropped an edge stitch on Karims sweater! I have been slipping the 1st stitch and it must have slipped off! It's way down and I really hate the thought of ripping back that many inches on this sweater...sigh...I'm going to try to knit it up, but have my doubts. Damn. 79 stitches on a slippery addi turbo size 1.... I much prefer my Crystal Palace bamboo or even the Clover wood ones. I feel like I'm just crawling on the purl rows.

I was asked yesterday to knit some "chainmail" for our local community theatre. They are supplying the yarn, I have to knit a hood and sleeves. I found patterns for just those items, but the Utah Shakespeare company used #36 twisted nylon cord not yarn, so I guess I'll just have to make guage 2.5 stitches = 1 inch, 3 rows = 1 inch.

1 comment:

Kim in KCK said...

The purse turned out great! I don't know how many pairs of socks I've knitted. Hard to getthem all in one place at the same time. I just finished a pair that I feel like I've been working on forever. Toe-up, two at a time on magic loop. I thought the metal neeedles I was using might have been my problem. Next I started a pair on my brittany birch dpns, one at a time. I started them last Wednesday and finished the second in class on Monday. Cast on another sock immediately and finished the first one on Wednesday. I've started the mate. I really feel faster on the wood dpns. Weird, huh?