Monday, October 31, 2005

Boo!

Happy Halloween! I love Halloween, I love the dressing up and all the silliness for the children. Someday I want to have a real Martha Stewart Halloween party with a "booffet" and lots of fun, maybe next year, when house is in better shape. Of course, the studio is the perfect place..hmmm. Well, I bought mini hershey bars and reeses peanut butter cups, but there are only 32 bars. I have lollipops too (a LOT of them) but think I'll head out to store and pick up another bag or two of candy. In past years we haven't had very many kids, but think I should be prepared for at least 50. Its a bootiful day, sunny, windy of course. It rained a little this am which kind of spoiled my plans to finish planting tulip bulbs today.

I'm wearing my Garfield Got Treats shirt, so happily holiday dressed. A little extra mascara, about the extent of my Halloween makeup though! Studio is closed tonight (who is gonna come to dance class on Halloween, get real), so I can hand out treats. For years Sid did it as I took Lisette around, but now it's my treat.

Went to KC for DMA (Dance Masters America) fall convention. I think I learned somethings which is always the point, had a chance to chat a little with other chapter members. I always feel on the fringes since I don't live in KC, can't make meetings and just in general am not part of things, plus some of these members are getting their 25 yr pins and I'm just a 3 yr member!

Sid had an Army/Mars meeting Sat am, so we drove up together, I knit half of mom's Madison scarf during the meeting. Got about half of my winter hat knit too, not totally happy with the top, got a little "pook" going on, but I may disquise that with a pom pom. I had frogged the beginning about 5 times, it shouldn't have been so hard to start at the top instead of the bottom! Took about 160 stitches to cover crown of my head. It's always hard for me to do the math on gauge etc and knitting several inches of ribbing and then frogging that because it's too tight is just wayy to annoying!

No comments: