Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mittens finished!


I finished my mittens, extra long so the snow won't work it's way up my wrists this winter. I think I should have made the whole extra long part in ribbing, but they'll work. Not a very good photo, you can't se that the yarn changed on the 2nd mitten and left the whole tip grey. You can see that it's black stripe is wider...but hey, they're just mittens! I have yarn to make the hat too.

Finally bought something from my local LYS today. Needed yet another needle I didn't have..this time a 16" size 8 to work on the Christmas stocking with. They had it. So many pretty yarns there, just can't afford to buy anything until I work up what I've got!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I haven't had a finished object in soooo long I've forgotten what it's like. I frogged my shrug at the half way mark, am stuck on short row toe up heels on the socks. Sigh. The mittens look great and will more than do the job this winter! Now, on to that hat! :)