Saturday, October 01, 2005

Saturday

Saw Beauty and the Beast at our community theatre last night. It was a good production. Costumes had been rented from somewhere and were very nice and quite elaborate. Belle was played by a young lady that I have known for years, who was soo shy and self-effacing, 2 years of college seem to have brought a new maturity both in sense of self and in her voice and acting. She's quite a talent and so beautiful, wonderful to see her growing up in to such a delightful adult.

My seat mate Colleen and I were part of a trio that ran a summerstage program for 5 years where we trained so many young actors...many of whom are now teaching themselves. I'm quite proud of what we helped to develop. I was worried about Colleen though as she has had a stroke and due to bronchitus had to stop taking a particular medication which was causeing the stroke symptoms to re-cur such as numbness in her left hand and leg and affecting her balance. I have several good friends that seem to be on a down hill slide and it worry's me. I'm not ready to start losing the people in my life.

Colleen loved the mitten I'm making and commented on a hat so I will try to make her one. I did get 2 rows done on the shawl last night while watching NUMBERS on videotape. Eventually, I'll be done with it and can get onto the same pattern for sister in law (but larger yarn, larger needles, shouldn't take quite so forever!)

Off to work, have some dancers coming in from 9:30-1:30 today, (missing a lot due to volleyball!) then will try to spend some time with my closets finding my fall clothes, putting away summer, and maybe a little time getting the front flower bed ready for the tulip bulbs that are coming! I wanted to fix up the front yard, but lack of funds will prevent that this year.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I just love Numb3rs - was happy to see it brought back. Unfortunately I missed Friday night's showing so will look forward to a "new one" when it's rerun time! Nice to see you back blogging :)