Friday, October 14, 2005

I am an addict

Hi my name is Vivette and I'm a yarn addict (Hi Vivette!). Today I went to Hobby Lobby to buy 1moreskeinofyarn for "the shawl"....I saw the pack of 4 round knitting looms at 19.99 and I said you don't need it, you can't afford it and I left with my 1moreskeinofyarn and "something" for Peggy who's birthday I drew. (don't think she's one of the few who read my blog but you never know)...so...I go to Wal-mart (damn that walmart) for groceries and household etc, and they have the same pack of knitting looms but it's only $11.99 so....you guessed it....I bought it...I am ashamed, and would put myself in time out but I have wayyyyy to much knitting to do!

oh well.... I don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't play the lotteryrarely have a drink.... guess yarn is a benign addiction at the least. As penance I plan to use up some of the acrylic lurking in the basement for hats for DVACK the domestic violence shelter.

1 comment:

Kim in KCK said...

I can relate! Right now I have more yarn for projects than I have time to work on projects. Does that stop me from going to Knitpicks.com and buying more yarn and a pattern! Absolutely NOT! I also saw the packet of knitting looms and plan to buy a set for my niece, but I forced myself to wait as we are in the middle of house renovation and cleaning to get ready for T-Day, and I'm certain I will misplace them and forget them during the next two weeks in the chaos!